Thursday, August 4, 2011

Baking Apron

A few months ago as I strolled around the local fabric store I came upon this horribly cute fabric with pale yellowish roses, just the type of pattern that I usually find rather off-putting. However, as I saw this fabric I couldn't help myself, I just loved it. In my mind an apron emerged, with sweet ruffles and an air of the 50's. The vision left me with no choice, I just had to buy the fabric and try to find a suitable sewing pattern.

Now as you might have read, I haven't had the time to work on anything other than my 14th century outfit lately, so the apron has laid unfinished in a closet. Until this week, when I finally got to working on it for real. And here it is, complete with pocket and embroidered monogram! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment